Add media button on activity stream and group activity stream not functioning

As the title says, i can upload fine from the media tab however when i click "add media" on the activity page, nothing happens.

Debug info

PHP 5.3.20 MYSQL 5.5.29 WordPress 3.5.1 BuddyPress 1.8 rtMedia 3.0.0 OS Linux Imagick Not Installed GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible) [php.ini] post_max_size 8000M [php.ini] upload_max_filesize 2000M [php.ini] memory_limit 1368M

Hi,

The image starts uploading once the post update button is clicked. This is the default behavior of the uploader on the activity stream.

Hi,

what i meant was that when on the activity part of a group and i click Add Media and nothing happens, no pop up to select a file.
if i go to the media tab, pick a gallery and click upload then the select a file window opens and works as it should.

thanks
Dan

Could you check and confirm the same thing happens with the default theme and with all the other plugins deactivated. Normally it could be a theme or plugin js conflict issue.

Exacly the same is happening to me even on default template

@wojtek.ww - Do you have any errors on your js console?

I came up with a solution. I have seperated my wordpress core files from wp-content directory using WP_CONTENT_DIR and WP_CONTENT_URL globals. Because of this, links to static files in your (great by the way) plugin was broken. What I did was to define global 'RTMEDIA_URL' in wp-config.php file to something like this: define ( 'RTMEDIA_URL', 'http://www.static.example.com/plugins/buddypress-media/' ); Now everything works just fine.

Glad to know you could resolve your issue :)