500 Errors not reported anywhere!

Hi,

Again, thanks for the fantastic tool, I am very excited of the results I see since I started testing it recently in a new Digital Ocean droplet.

This might be a beginners issue but I cannot find the errors! I have been looking for 500 (and other) errors and they are not being logged in the server at all, as they are supposed to in the error file specified in the configuration…

For example, when I upload a simple php syntax mistake, I get a browser 500 error and I cannot find an indication of the error type, line, etc. anywhere in the server or browser!

I do not even get a server served page, but a browser blank 500 page, different depending on the browser. When I turn debugging on, I did find a criptic entry at /var/log/nginx/domain.com.error.log:

2015/11/09 19:46:25 [debug] 1837#0: *6829 HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Server: nginx
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 00:46:25 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive

But no more data or indication about the nature of the actual error.

Any pointers on how to correct this issue will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again.

Hi, after many tests, it seems like the server needed a reboot, as now I am getting the 500 errors reported…

Hopefully this is the reason, and I did not waste anybody’s time (but my own!) :slight_smile:

Best

In case this is of user for any one. The issue was recurring. Simple sintax errors where not being logged nor displayed, just a blank browser 500 error massage.

After a lot of back and forth, it resulted that issue was related that uninstalling the new relic php agent fixed the issue. errors are now displayed and logged in the website.error.log