'403 Forbidden' error

Hi Rahul/Mitesh,

First of all thank you so much for creating this tool. EE is an excellent tool that can take even a complete newbie like me to launch my website with ease. I followed the instructions to the T and successfully installed a demo blog just to check out.

I now have a tracking script that I need to install on a sub domain. For that I installed a mySQL site with the following command:

ee site create freemobilecalls.org --mysql

Once completed, I copied the script file into the new site folder.

Created a new database and user through PHPmyAdmin.

Now when I navigate to site to install and complete the script setup process, I get 403 forbidden error. my website where I have installed the tracking software is http://tracker.freemobilecalls.org and since it was giving out error I also installed the site under the main domain freemobilecalls.org

My test WP blog at demoblog.freemobilecalls.org works fine though.

Where did I go wrong with the mySQL site?

Thanks so much for your help.

Mark

First if you created a site with --mysql then its automatically create a new database user and setup random passoword at /var/www/example/com/ee-config.php file

You can used same database or create a new one with the help of phpMyAdmin

Please provide us a output of following command
Please replace example.com with your domain name

cat /var/log/example.com/log/*

Also you created a following site

ee site create freemobilecalls.org –mysql

If you want to create http://tracker.freemobilecalls.org then
ee site create tracker.freemobilecalls.org --mysql

Hi Mitesh,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my query.

I have both the sites created with --mysql option i.e. tracker.freemobilecalls.org and freemobilecalls.org.

When I ran the command cat /var/log/example.com/log/* for both the above sites separately, I got the message: cat: /var/log/freemobilecalls.org/log/*: No such file or directory

Thank you so much once again… Awaiting for a possible solution.

Mark

Please send me the output of following commands

cat /var/www/tracker.freemobilecalls.org/logs/*  
ls /var/www/tracker.freemobilecalls.org/htdocs/

Hi Mitesh,

The htdocs directory is empty. Also the access.log and error.log files are empty. Please see the screenshot attached.

Also please note, I deleted the old site and redid everything with the new website http://track.freemobilecalls.org.

Thanks.

Attachment Link(s):

http://rtcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/topics/65951/2014/05/screenshot-putty.png

sorry… I missed one attachement.

Attachment Link(s):

http://rtcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/topics/65953/2014/05/screenshot.png

You have to create index.php or index.html file inside htdocs

Also give the ownership to www-data user

echo "Its works" >> /var/www/track.freemobilecalls.org/htdocs/index.php  
chown www-data:www-data /var/www/track.freemobilecalls.org/htdocs/index.php

Thanks Mitesh I did that and now it works. The newly created file output shows under the main domain.

I have a prosper202 script that I need to install under the main domain. In that case should I move all the files relating to the script from the main directory to the htdocs directory? This script will run only under a domain and will not work under a directory.

Secondly, I think I messed up with my PHPmyAdmin installation. Is there any command in easyengine where in I can repair my ee installation so it reinstalls or repairs PHPmyAdmin?

The error occured when I was trying to create a blowfish secret passphrase with the following instructions:

Add blowfish_secret passphrase

If you see the following error message at the bottom of the page when you first log in to /phpmyadmin (using a previously setup MySQL username and password) :

ERROR: The configuration file now needs a secret passphrase (blowfish_secret)

You need to add a blowfish password to the phpMyAdmin’s config file.

Edit /etc/webapps/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php and insert a random blowfish “password” in the line
$cfg[‘blowfish_secret’] = ; /* YOU MUST FILL IN THIS FOR COOKIE AUTH! */

Go here to get a nicely generated blowfish_secret and paste it between the marks. It should now look something like this:

$cfg[‘blowfish_secret’] = ‘qtdRoGmbc9{8IZr323xYcSN]0s)r$9b_JUnb{~Xz’; /* YOU MUST FILL IN THIS FOR COOKIE AUTH! */

The error should go away if you refresh the phpmyadmin page.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Mark

Should I shift all the files under

I have a prosper202 script that I need to install under the main domain. In that case should I move all the files relating to the script from the main directory to the htdocs directory? This script will run only under a domain and will not work under a directory.

You should move all your script files inside htdocs so you can directly access via domain name.

Secondly, I think I messed up with my PHPmyAdmin installation. Is there any command in easyengine where in I can repair my ee installation so it reinstalls or repairs PHPmyAdmin?

You can re-install phpMyAdmin by using following commands
ee system remove phpmyadmin
ee system install phpmyadmin

Thank you so much Mitesh. Things look okay now.

Hi Mitesh,

Unfortunately prosper202 does not run well because it is put under htdocs.

Is there a way I can run the file without using the htdocs directory? I want all the php files to reside in the main domain directory and not under domain/htdocs directory.

Thanks,

Mark

I thought of adding the error screen shot if that can give you some insights please.

Thanks.

Attachment Link(s):

http://rtcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/rtMedia/topics/65981/2014/05/Capture.jpg

Its seems like your file is not copied properly

Error: unexpected end of file

Please check the file is copied properly

No problem… Thanks Mitesh. I reinstalled everything from scratch manually and now it works fine.

Thanks once again for all your support.

Mark

Glad to know that your issue is fixed :slight_smile: