You may refer this for your query.
Incase the link goes down, following is the gist:
1. Only the part of the original url that matches the regex is rewritten.
Slower than a Return.
2. Returns HTTP 302 (Moved Temporarily) in all cases, irrespective of permanent.
3. Suitable for temporary url changes.
1. The entire url is rewritten to the url specified.
2. Faster response than rewrite.
3. Returns HTTP 301 (Moved Permanently).
4. Suitable for permanent changes to the url.
5. No need to set permanent.
It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.
I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further.