20.04 ubuntu error- docker not found ee site create example.lv --wpsubdomain --wpredis

root@ubuntu-s-1vcpu-1gb-fra1-01:~# ee site create example.lv --wpsubdomain --wpredis
Error: Docker not installed or not running.

If m Not wrong. EasyEngine is not supported in Ubuntu 20.04

Better stick to 18.04 till they update it for 20.04.

I am also waiting for the same.

@rahul286 : I hear there are performance improvements in Ubuntu 20.04 will they help our Stack in any manner. ???

EE4 is working on Ubuntu 20.04 now. It was not working the time you tried because docker packages for 20.04 had not been released at that time. Hence, the EasyEngine installation script was unable to install docker. Which resulted in the error you were facing.

Ubuntu 20.04 docker installation packages just got released a few days back.

Tried installing and tested EE4 with Ubuntu 20.04. It is working as expected.

EasyEngine is not supported in Ubuntu 20.04

@sagarmenethil Technically EE can run on any OS which supports docker as EE4 is completely docker based. It has support for almost all Linux distros as well as macOS.

I hear there are performance improvements in Ubuntu 20.04 will they help our Stack in any manner. ???

There are kernel improvements with the introduction of the new Ubuntu Kernel 5.4. As docker shares the kernel with the host machine, the improvements there should ideally help the stack.

Other new features like enhanced performance and secure kernel modules will also help the stack become more performant and secure than before. Faster boot times, will improve the general user experience.