2 Bugs & Filter Issue

Hi guys! Hope you are all doing well. I finally made the change to the 31 plugins and removed Pro, and updated rtMedia free. Most everything is pretty well now, wasnt as big of a pain in the ass as I thought it would be. :slight_smile: 3 Issues:

1.) rtMedia Set Custom Thumbnail for Audio/Video – When enabled, the (3) images that BP-FFMPEG generates are not shown, instead it shows one thumbnail.

2.) When uploading a video, if you set the title and the description prior to uploading, they are not saved and have to be re-typed after the media is uploaded. (Did not test with pictures, only videos, but you might check both anyway)

3.) Filter Documentation - http://docs.rtcamp.com/rtmedia/developers/hooks/rtmedia-hooks/filter-to-modify-default-privacy-options.html appears out of date, copy/paste code no good. No errors, but it just doesn’t work.

Thanks very much!

Ben

[12-Jan-2016 22:38:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home3/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/interactions/RTMediaInteraction.php on line 303

[13-Jan-2016 01:56:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home3/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/media/RTMediaMedia.php on line 474

Two more errors from the error_log for you. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Ben

Hello Ben,

Glad to know that migration of plugins went smoothly on your site.

You must see 3 thumbnails in one tab (Video Thumbnails) and on “Media Thumbnails” there should be file upload box for selecting an images from your system.
Please see attached images. its working for us.

Ahh, got that. Once you write description, just click on “Check” sign again. And then hit post update button. That way the description will be saved.

We will work on that part to make it more user friendly. Thanks for notifying this.

This code is working fine for me. Just checked this on my local site. I can remove other filter options from dropdown.
Please check the code again in your theme or custom plugin. Hope it will work for you.

The other two errors messages:
We are not able to reproduce at our end. Can you please let us know by accessing which page you got those errors?

Thanks,

–Nitun

Thanks Nitun.

I ended up just disabling the privacy stuff instead. Since accounts are free, who cares if the member is logged in or not. :wink:

The two errors I have no idea what pages they are from, they were simply in the error_log. If they crop up again, I’ll work to debug it a bit more to see if it’s an actual issue to worry about.

For the thumbnails, appears to be an issue with the Boss theme by BuddyBoss. They’ll get it fixed.