Error, EasyEngine v3.7.4 does not install wordpress and gives error. 2017/9/20

Good evening, I updated easyengine to v3.7.4, and after the update it is not possible to create new sites in Wordpress, below the version of Ubuntu and Easy Engine and also the error during the installation.

root@ubuntu:~# sudo ee site create flavioepedro.com.br --wp Running pre-update checks, please waitā€¦ Setting up NGINX configuration [Done] Setting up webroot [Done] Downloading WordPress [Fail] Oops Something went wrong!! Calling cleanup actions ā€¦ ā€˜ee_mysql_grant_hostā€™

***Ubuntu Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS Release: 14.04 Codename: trusty

***EasyEngine EasyEngine v3.7.4 Copyright Ā© 2016 rtCamp Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Error, EasyEngine v3.7.4 does not install wordpress and gives error. 2017/9/20

Why is it so difficult to read other threads in the forum?

This issue has been discussed, the root cause identified and functional workaround has been suggested.

But instead you prefer to open several threads whining like an old squaw instead.

For Godā€™s sake!

2 Likes

Solution is not clear and much less objective. I think if they could write topics that reliably comprehensive solution several factors of the cause would prevent. The topics do not speak of the cause and comprehensive solution solution

Search by EasyEngine v3.7.4 does not install wordpress

See how many topics are related to EasyEngine v3.7.4 does not install wordpress and gives error.

Result

http://community.easyengine.io/search?q=EasyEngine%20v3.7.4%20does%20not%20install%20wordpress

for the love of Go

Please, my friend, can you help me, and add the link that talks about solving this problem with easyegine, wordpress mysql, I will thank you very much, because I did not find something that solved my problem efficiently. Thank you in advance.

And again in case you missed itā€¦

1 Like

This is a user-to-user forum. There is no ā€œtheyā€ here, just ā€œweā€.

1 Like

What Oleg_Gromel posted in the other post is what I used and it worked. Thanks Oleg!!!

Make sure you delete your attempted install

ee site delete example.com --no-prompt

Then run these commands:

sudo ee stack remove --wpcli

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wp-cli/builds/gh-pages/phar/wp-cli.phar

chmod +x wp-cli.phar

sudo mv wp-cli.phar /usr/local/bin/wp

wp cli update --nightly

Then install site again:

sudo ee site create example.com --wp

1 Like

You donā€™t have to actually remove wp-cli.

wp cli update --nightly

The above command should do the trick, since they found a workaround for WP corrupted archive.

thanks for the guidance, grateful !!!

After several attempts, I researched a lot and managed to take a step to solve my problem, ubunto server 14.04 / EasyEngine v3.7.4 root@ubuntu:~# sudo su root@ubuntu:~# wp cli update --allow-root root@ubuntu:~# ee update root@ubuntu:~# ee stack purge root@ubuntu:~# ee stack install

Iā€™m working with the following system versions, the above solution worked for me. ***Ubuntu Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS Release: 14.04 Codename: trusty

***EasyEngine EasyEngine v3.7.4 Copyright Ā© 2016 rtCamp Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Thank you to jwogrady, Oleg and timgen for actually taking the time to help non-techies work through this issue. Like truly thank you because when i woke up this morning I was going to abandon ee altogether and go with one of the other providers and quite possibly return to cpanel (gasp)

1 Like

Hi Flavio - if you still having problems in installing wordpress with easyegine here is the solution that fix my similar issue - https://github.com/EasyEngine/easyengine/issues/775. Easyengine git is really useful to get tech answers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

This one works perfectly to me.

$ sudo ee stack remove --wpcli
$ curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wp-cli/builds/gh-pages/phar/wp-cli.phar && chmod +x wp-cli.phar && sudo mv wp-cli.phar /usr/bin/wp && wp cli update --nightly

Run the ee site create again to see if everything is fine.

1 Like

Hi Nuno, thanks for the help, yes solved my problem, grateful!

Hi smjegpdombuild, good thing you got, there is always a way out, a solution to the small and big problems, and everything has its time, you win on time!

Thanks. It worked for me.

1 Like

Cmon, it would be nice if you posted a link to the other thread at the end of the rant.

1 Like