What does this error log connect() failed mean?

Hi! My nginx error log is full of these kind of messages. Why are these displayed and what can I do about it? I’m greatful for any help you can give me!

2015/05/18 10:00:01 [error] 22973#0: *196 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 173.245.49.149, server: mysite.se, request: "GET /feed/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:8000", host: "mysite.se"
1 Like

Hi @jensfilipsson,

HHVM its still not stable, Its crashes sometimes on WordPress sites. As we are using PHP5-FPM as backup you will not see any downtime on sites.

To restart after crashing this will be helpfull for you: HHVM upstart script

Thanks @gau1991

I read the article and it looks very promising indeed. In the comments under the article I’m reading this though:

Quick question guys. I have EasyEngine but I LOVE the tutorial you made.

So I installed monit but it seems that EE is not using HHVM with sock, but with the IP.

How can i configure monit to monitor HHVM ?

" if failed unixsocket /var/run/hhvm/hhvm.sock then restart"

And the reply:

There are two options, either configure HHVM to listen on the socket or rewrite monit:

1. HHVM way: edit /etc/hhvm/server.ini as per instructions above
  2. Monit way: edit hhvm monit config and put this line: “if failed host localhost port 9000 then restart” (change port number to one HHVM listens on)

So my question is, can I follow his tutorial, or do I have to mod it somehow? Would appreciate all words of advice you might have.

// Jens.

Hi @jensfilipsson

Please try the latest EasyEngine. Use ee update to upgrade your current EasyEngine version to the latest.

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: