Backup strategies

You first have to create the site and let it generate the ssl or skip the nginx conf and ssl if you have wildcard subdomain ssl enabled.

ee site create domain.tld --type=html --ssl=le

Then edit the new domain.tld’s nginx conf, I don’t remember exactly where it was now but I think It was somewhere in /opt/easyengine/services/nginx? Just dig around. Then reload the site:

ee site reload domain.tld --nginx

This might be an issue because jwilder’s nginx-proxy, which EEv4 uses, dynamically overwrites the main .conf for all of your sites. Well just play around with it.

With Traefik, it’s more easier to proxy things and don’t have to edit a file that will maybe get overwritten. Just 5 lines in the .yml file and Traefik will detect it.

labels:
      - "traefik.frontend.rule=Host:domain.tld"
      - "traefik.port=80"
networks:
      - proxy
1 Like

So I would use EEV4 to generate the SSL certs on the nginx-proxy, and then edit the nginx container that does the http config for the site only and point it to the container running nextcloud or rocketchat?
Then hope and pray it doesn’t get overwritten right?

Yep. The custom nginx .conf for each container does not override ports.

HI, @cim, how to export sql databases with htdocs specific upload directly files only.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.