[Suggestion] Amavis error during ee mail stack install

This morning I tried to install ee mail stack on a fresh Debian 7 (wheezy) droplet on DigitalOcean to test the new easyengine. First I executed ee stack install and then ee stack install mail to get the mail stack. During install I got the following error Unable to execute service amavis restart, exit status = 1 The problem occurred during the final restart of the services. After the error I tried to restart amavis by my self and found out that I forgot to set the hostname. I would like to suggest a function that sets the hostname during the mail stack install on new servers. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for pointing bug in EasyEngine, We allready have function in EasyEngine which sets FQDN as hostname for Ubuntu and Debian. But there was small bug, because of that it was not setting hostname in Debian.

We fixed that bug and commited changes in master branch, soon we will merge that changes on Stable branch also.

Hello @cpt_sianios

I hope your query is resolved. I am closing this support topic for now.

Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: