Multiple PHP Errors with rtMedia 3.7.31

Activating rtMedia generates this on the back end of my site.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_4130c6c03b58656286725ec4bf3c84ca, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/youmustlovedogs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/index.php on line 57

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/youmustlovedogs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/index.php:57) in /home/youmustlovedogs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/index.php on line 57

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/youmustlovedogs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/index.php:57) in /home/youmustlovedogs/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 748

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/youmustlovedogs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/index.php:57) in /home/youmustlovedogs/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 749

I will be able to provide error logs if someone steers me in that direction. I’m more of a front end (WP) developer and dont deal with SQL or the cPanel even.

You don’t have permission to write to the /tmp directory. Your webhosting company has to fix this for you. Or, you can set the permission yourself by logging into the webserver as root and typing:

chmod 1777 /tmp

That should fix the entire problem.

Have fun!