Local development with vagrant and ee

Just starting to use EasyEngine and love it to death. In the past I’ve used Vagrant/VVV for local development and Wordmove to deploy to staging/production.

Because Vagrant is so lovely for replicating server environments for local development, it no longer makes sense for me to use VVV and then push to an EasyEngine provisioned server.

What are you all using for local development? Can anyone recommend a good Vagrant 14.04 box? Am I barking up the right tree?

Hi,

Sorry for delay in reply. As you had created this topic without selecting
category, hence we missed your query. Now, I have assigned category to
this topic.

To use EasyEngine with Vagrant, this link will surely help you:

Note: This box is using Ubuntu 12.04 by default. You can use 14.04 by Changing config.vm.box = "ubuntu/precise32" to config.vm.box = "ubuntu/trusty" in Vagrantfile

As you are using Vagrant box for development purpose, you can add following line to your Vagrant file, so that you can access /var/www of Vagrant box from your machine at dev/ location

config.vm.synced_folder "dev/", "/var/www", owner: "root", group: "root" 

Hello @Joe_Guilmette

It’s been a long time, and we haven’t heard from you. It looks like your issue is resolved.

I am closing this support topic for now. Feel free to create a new support topic if you have any queries further. :slight_smile: